PERFECTLY IMPERFECT-I may not be the best at what I do, but Nobody has MORE fun trying than I do! :)



Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me...Yesterday

"Wing Keeper?" quirky journal sketch in sketchbook/wc pencils (also one my very first and I think those could be little wings in her arms, couldn't they?)

Yesterday was my birthday. I'm very thankful to have lived another year. It was a good day. Mama had an appointment at the eye Dr. to check her cataracts, so we did that first, then shopped a little, ate at Long John Silver's, shopped a little more, stopped at the Sonic for ice cream, and came home, where we then rode down to the pond on the atv to check on the cows. The new little calf is sooooo cute, as they all are, and the trees and foliage are beginning to turn all those wonderful fall colors.

I picked up two green throw rugs for my newly painted bathroom, but they're the wrong shade so I guess they'll go back to Wal-Mart. So much for judging color without a swatch of what I'm trying to match. :) I also picked up another flash drive for my pc, some blank music cds, and hubby some new pajama pants to lounge around the house in when he gets home.

J (hubby) was away working, but he got to call and sing happy birthday to me before we left, plus I had good wishes from my friends in the MojoArt group. J asked what I wanted for my birthday. I told him I had already ordered and gotten in some new art supplies, including the wonderful Moleskine journal mentioned previously. :)

When we returned I found cards from my three best friends in the mailbox. We've been friends since grade school (one of them since diapers), and it's wonderful that we're still as close in our, as one of them put it, "golden years." It was a beautiful fall day, full of blessings, spent with my mama, whom I love very much, even if we don't always see eye to eye. :)

No comments: