PERFECTLY IMPERFECT-I may not be the best at what I do, but Nobody has MORE fun trying than I do! :)



Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, & The Downright Weird

" Rabbit Head"-art journal sketch in sketchbook
(There are two rabbits on her head. Can you see them?)

I am still doing my art journal sketches, but now instead of doing just 2-3 drawings and leaving the painting until later, I'm doing one a day and painting it. I am up to 247 drawings/paintings now, so I have a bunch waiting to be painted and photographed. The one above was among my first, when I was leaving the doodle lines all in. Somewhere along the line I stopped doing that.

I have decided to show you the good (cute & fun), the bad (not so good), the ugly, and the downright weird if you want to see. I never know what image will come forth. So be prepared! :) As soon as I get photographs I plan to mix in photos of other artwork along.

I do know about color, perspective, proportion, shading, etc., and practice them when I'm painting seriously, but I am having way too much fun with these, just drawing and painting with the abandonment of a child. I am much more relaxed about drawing/painting than I was, which is a good thing, because the tenseness showed in my paintings before, which is not a good thing. :)

I finally broke down and bought one of the Moleskine journals that I've been reading about. LOVE IT! and I see why so many people are hooked on them. I got the largest landscape size which is 5 1/2" x 8 1/4", I think. So for the last few days I've been doing the art journal sketches on a two-page landscape spread in this journal. I'm thinking this is not the last one of these I'll buy. :)

Anyway, I hope some of these sketches make you smile. I have to get started cleaning house now, which doesn't necessarily make me smile like my doodle sketches do, but I'm thankful I'm able to do it. :) Y'all have a good week!

No comments: