PERFECTLY IMPERFECT-I may not be the best at what I do, but Nobody has MORE fun trying than I do! :)



Monday, September 5, 2011

Still Playing With Gelatin Prints

A few more of the prints I've pulled from a gelatin plate over the weekend. I made several more, but these are my favorites. So far, I have a total of 48 prints. Some will probably wind up as journal backgrounds and others will probably be cut up into smaller formats for other uses.

I made a smaller printing plate for these, which allowed for a white border on all four sides, even if they didn't get scanned that way. These happen to all be on printmaking paper.


Acrylic inks, using a plastic doily and an original stencil...


A ghost image of the first print, using a dog and fiber masks...


Acrylic inks, using a brush handle to draw into the ink...


Fluid acrylics, using a plastic doily and a wild turkey feather...


Acrylic inks, using an original cut out mask and a wild turkey feather...


Acrylic inks, using a plastic doily and a turkey feather...


Printer's ink, using the plastic doily, a bottle bottom, and brush handle writing...


Printer's ink, using an original mask and stencil...


Fluid acrylics, using the doily, a handmade stamp, and an original stencil...


Ghost image of the above print, using dog and tulip masks.

These are so much fun to make, and they look much better with a white border around them, so I can't wait to try a white mat on the ones I shared in the previous posts, where the print covered the whole paper.

I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it now! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, you've inspired me to give this a try! I bought a book a little while ago, and it's time to get it out and go for it. Thanks for the push!