PERFECTLY IMPERFECT-I may not be the best at what I do, but Nobody has MORE fun trying than I do! :)



Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Layered Impressions Workshop-First Two Days

Monday I started a four week online workshop with Katie Kendrick at http://joyouslybecoming.typepad.com/joyouslybecoming/ . The first three days have been awesome. Following are the drawings that I did with my non-dominant hand the first day and the same drawings colored that I did the second day. Today's assignment is still in progress.













It was so much fun watching these characters evolve. I was late in registering because I couldn't make up my mind, and I had to order supplies, which didn't come in until just a few minutes ago, so I've had to improvise for the first exercises. That's okay though. I learned the process and had fun, and that's what's important.


This is a background made by using rubbings, which didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to, but it's still usable and can always be added to. Besides, now that I have my supplies I can try another one. It's a fun process. :)

I still have a couple of prepped face drawings. Who knows? They may show up here later too! Hope one of my little characters made you smile.

2 comments:

O mundo de Alex said...

i'm doing katie course too and ...i love your faces you were inspired. wow! i haven't posted yet as the whole process is taking some time for me though i love it. practice as katie says! will follow your work love it xo

Joyfulploys said...

I was in Katie's class too. I loved every minute of it. One of my favorite things in the class is the non-dom hand faces that you have here! Yours are great! I really like the one with the tie under her chin.
Mary