PERFECTLY IMPERFECT-I may not be the best at what I do, but Nobody has MORE fun trying than I do! :)



Sunday, April 24, 2011

Becoming Brave

I also completed Erin Knepp's workshop Becoming Brave and came away with a lovely little journal and a lot of encouragement. Erin is not a big talker, but her words speak volumns. I enjoyed this workshop very much, and will be adding more to my journal as I go along.

So here are the pages I created and I became braver with each page. I chose to use a square format, for a change. I used metallic paints on some of the backgrounds and some of the stitching, etc, which, unfortunately, the scanner doesn't pick up very well, but you'll get the idea.

 Front Cover...


 This page shows that I am loved. I am 61 years old, and for my last birthday my mom gave me a card with a kitten on it. I used the face, heart, and glittery flower on the page to represent her. My dad is no longer with us, but he loved tulips, so I added magazine page tulips. We've lived in the Rabbit Hop community since I was two years old, thus a little bunny seemed appropriate. My husband of 41 years brings me much joy (and sometimes frustration) so I added a little joy button. I have been very blessed, because I've always known I was and am loved.
 I used a couple of paper cuttings on this one. The cross was cut from a coffee filter, which didn't show up much when I  used gel medium over it, so I painted it metallic blue. The star was cut from a text page. I'm still using things I learned in the first 21 Secrets. Papercutting was one of my favorites! :)

Back cover-Don't you just love the three kitty stamp? I got it in a stash swap that I participated in a couple of months ago. I can't imagine why the lady parted with it, but I'm glad she did! :)

These look much better in person, because the metallics shine and add a little glitz to them.  Anyway, it was a wonderful class. Thank you, Erin, for the encouragement and the experience! What I learned will become a part of me from now on. :)

3 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Oh Sharon these are just beautiful! I especially love the quote on the body divider! Your animals look adorable too!

B @ Sweet Limes said...

what wonderful pages! There are so many great things on them and the messages that each carries for you is so precious. :)

carol l mckenna said...

Sharon ~ these are so creative and am sure they were very fun to do ~ wonderful! ^_^