PERFECTLY IMPERFECT-I may not be the best at what I do, but Nobody has MORE fun trying than I do! :)



Monday, November 2, 2009

AEDM Day 2-Doll Sketch 2

You'd never know that this is the same doll I sketched yesterday, would you? LOL

Yep, it's Tanzy again, only I pulled her little wool coat off to show her dress, which is an off-white linen color with a lace bib. The fold across the front is where it was creased under her coat. I got her face a little too long this time, and didn't have room for her feet. One of my problems is that I start drawing without thinking about leaving enough space for the drawing.

Anyway, it was a good exercise in shading, and I had fun, so it's all good. :)

I meant to draw some more EDM projects and a different doll for AEDM, but didn't get around to it today. Maybe tomorrow!

7 comments:

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Wow, you've got great drawing skills! and you don't have to let anyone know it isn't what you envisioned!!!

Come visit http://julieannshahin.blogspot.com

AED
xoxo,
ja

Vicki Holdwick said...

Sharon,

I rather like the fact that her feet aren't in the picture.

Such a nice job - you are quite good at drawing dolls.

xoxo

Patty Ruthe said...

Lovely dress! Well done.

Leah said...

such a pretty dress!

trish roque said...

She's great! And what an awesome idea to draw from dolls. Is that part of the EDM challenges?

linda said...

cool sketch - love all the shading!

Anonymous said...

You did a fine job changing the texture from coat to dress, and I like that she is more anchored (Day 1 is suspended in the air), making a better composition... and I like what you've done with her hands too.