PERFECTLY IMPERFECT-I may not be the best at what I do, but Nobody has MORE fun trying than I do! :)



Friday, October 23, 2009

EDM #44, 10, & 245 and CED-Connecting

This doodle cat emerged from a page full of lightly drawn shapes, lines, and swirls in my journal. It is for the EDM challenge #44-Draw an animal. I call him Cat-Man 3, and I like him a lot.

These little pink ladies would like to remind you that it's breast cancer awareness month. As you see in this entry and the next two, I've been playing with my hands, the ink pad, and a sharpie. Don't mind the smudged thumb print at the bottom. She was just passing by. ;) This is EDM #245-Draw your choice

Best Friends Forever (there will be writing on the bottom) and my partial right hand print. The whole print is actually there, but only half scanned. Was just playing around.


Someone on EDM shared a site with a doodle hands project and I loved it. Of course, I had to try one. This one was done quickly in my sketchbook with sharpie pens. It was a lot of fun, and it's my #10-Draw your hand. My hands are not small and delicate, but they have always served me well. It's kind of hard to tell, but the leaves are green. I toyed with the idea of putting a couple of mounds of red on the palette and decided not to. Looking at it on here I think it might have added to it. Oh, well!


The background on this page in my journal was made by using leftover fluid acrylic paint. I had some left from a canvas project and didn't want to waste it, so I swirled it on the pages. After it dried, I stamped the linoleum block print onto it. Can you see the heron like swirls behind the swan? I may add more to this when something comes to me. Until then, I'll enjoy it like it is.

I thought I'd show you how I'm decorating my journal cover. It's not a new idea, but one morning I was having a banana for breakfast, and I peeled off the sticker. For lack of a better place to put it, I stuck it on the front of my art journal. I did this for a few mornings in a row, and I like it. It reminds me of an old suitcase with the travel stickers all over it. Anyway, I just felt like sharing it with you.
The Creative Every Day challenge this month is connecting, and I've been connecting with both new and old friends, new art ideas, challenges, and experiments, emotions, pets, and many other things. Lots of connecting and re-connecting in both art and life. It's a good thing!
I haven't been working on the 40 inchies project for the last few days, but when I get back to it, I hope to finish it, and I will share it then.
Hope at least one thing made you smile! ;)

10 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

What a wonderful collection of projects : each as inventive, as creative and as well executed as the others.

LadyTulip said...

These are so much fun to look at!! It seems that they were as much fun to create as to see -- Thanx for sharing these!!

L.

Gary said...

Really nice pages here! I love the layering.

Tammy Freiborg said...

Great variety of playful art! Thanks for sharing!

Ann said...

What a wonderful collection of journal pages! I really like the hand and that painted background is terrific.

Leah said...

what fun! loving the doodle cat!

Shirley said...

Lots of great ideas here - thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

These pages are wonderful and playful! Thanks for sharing them!

Neon Fog said...

Love the little pink ladies. The remind me of the illustrations done in the 1950s.

Doug Fireman said...

I enjoyed your comments and narration;

the cat
with the cool spiked hairdo, its eyes, a combination
of boredom and sagacity.
Well done!

Hats off to the little ladies
marching against
breast cancer.

Three cheers!

That eyeball charmer
with the floral fingertips...

And of course,
the swan and heron.
What a neat surprise!

Thanks for sharin.