I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with family and friends. It was a lovely long weekend here. I updated a page that I wasn't particularly happy with and thought I'd share it with you, because I now like it much better. :)
I don't know if you remember the page on the right, but I tried to make a harlequin print background, because I love harlequin print, but it didn't come out quite like I wanted. It was too dark and the whole thing was off. I can not measure with a ruler to save my life and have it come out right.
Anyway, I pulled the top sheet off a two-ply paper towel that I had used to blot up Bubblegum pink and Turquoise Dylusions spray ink with, tore it into pieces, then glued the pieces on top of the harlequin print with matte gel medium and let dry. It added texture, modified the colors some, and made it more interesting, at least to me. I like it much better now, and will definitely use it as a journal page.
I've also been working some more on the large canvas with the "contrary angel" on it, and I have made my first articulated clay paper doll person, except for the decoration, and I'm still undecided about whether to leave her bald or give her hair, and I'm slowly organizing my workspace, among other smaller projects, which I'll try to share as I get them done.
I'm not doing a a lot of much these days. My mind wants to do a lot, but my body doesn't want to do anything, which is very frustrating to me. I just feel really weighed down, for some reason. Maybe I can get back on track soon.
Have a great rest of the week! :)
#ARTifacts: May 2017
11 hours ago