PERFECTLY IMPERFECT-I may not be the best at what I do, but Nobody has MORE fun trying than I do! :)



Wednesday, November 9, 2011

AEDM Day 9-Left Handed Characters

I was hoping to finish the front cover of the record album today, but I way over slept this morning and haven't had time to work on it yet. I did, however, do some quick sketches in an old book with my non-dominant hand and a magic marker for practice and to loosen up. Besides that, they're fun!

This exercise was also inspired by Katie Kendrick in her Layered Impressions workshop. I can use these as bases for journal pages, collage, or whatever else I can think of. In fact, every page of the altered record album started out as a character sketched just this way, the whole page glued to the base with gel medium, and layers of "stuff" added to them.





These are going right into my box of handmade backgrounds and collage pieces for future mixed-media use! Not perfect, but quirkey and interesting, I think! :)

1 comment:

Denice @ inkstitch said...

Quirky and interesting, yes! I love these!