PERFECTLY IMPERFECT-I may not be the best at what I do, but Nobody has MORE fun trying than I do! :)



Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Connect to the Goddess Within You-21 Secrets

This is the journal page that I created connecting with my inner goddess in Goddess Leonie's workshop in 21 Secrets. This was an interesting workshop and journey to find and meet my goddess, and I found her floating serenely among the tree branches with the sun and sky above her.

As I'm typing this post, I realize that that's exactly where I should have expected her to be. One of my very favorite places to be alone is sitting on the bank of our big pond with my head back looking up through the tree branches at the sky, and very often the bright sun is peeking though the branches back at me. It's where I feel most at peace with the world.

I didn't start this page with that in mind though. It is purely coincidental, or intuitional, or my sub-conscious at work? I don't know. All I know is that I went on a journey and she is what I found.


I watched Goddess Leonie's wonderful videos, read some of the discussion posts, and looked at the amazing pages that class mates had created, but I have to confess that I could never get the audio meditation to play. I tried numerous times to no avail. So, based on what I heard and read in the workshop, I made up my own meditation and quietly went on a mental journey to see what I could find.

After I meditated, I opened my very large Moleskine watercolor journal, dampened a page, and started dripping different colors of acrylic inks onto the page, letting them merge and run where they wanted. Occasionally, I lifted the book to help them along or sprayed a little clear water on them to soften them. When the page was covered, I left it to dry and for a few days I looked at it not seeing anything. Then all of a sudden, I turned the page end ways and there she was, complete with long flowing robe and kerchief head scarf! The bright sun peeking over her shoulder in one little spot throught the branches, the blue sky overhead.

I did some stamping with a large Asian stamp to add a layer. I wasn't paying attention to where I stamped, but when I went to paint her hand, there was a stamped flower right in it. I painted her face and gave her a blue kerchief instead of the green one she appeared with, then I painted shimmering gold acrylic ink over her robe and added the large buttons that it was begging for. The gold ink allows the colors underneath to show through. It just makes them shimmer a little.

I was trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the page when I noticed the cat walking down her sleeve looking all pleased with himself, so I gave him a little attention. Then I noticed the large regal profile with blue hair in the right corner looking out into the future. I gave her a few curls and a little detail, but not enough to take away from my goddess. I wrote in white gelly roll pen and called it done. Just as I was putting it away, I noticed the red/pink heart just over my goddess's shoulder and near the sun.

This quote in Sarah Ban Breathnach's book "Simple Abundance" seemed to fit the page;

"Let your mind be quiet, realizing the beauty of the world, and the immense, the boundless treasures that it holds in store." Edward Carpenter

Pondering what all this means gives me food for thought. I'm wondering if the arm that is reaching outside the page is inviting me up to float among the tree branches in peacefulness and serenity with her...

This was a fun experience, and I'm so glad I took the workshop. I love my inner goddess! Thank you Goddess Leonie! :)

4 comments:

Alex said...

Wow... reading through the processes, sounds really fun, and it shows =)
I really love the colors

InfectiousSmile said...

Sharon, I totally love your Goddess! The entire process you describe of discovering her is wonderful and I love the way you've expressed all of it. Beautiful page; beautiful post!

Cynthia Hanna said...

Sharon, the comment showing from "Infectious Smile" is actually mine. My daughter was here last night, using my computer and apparently didn't sign out of her account! Oops! Sorry for the mix up ;)

Mary C. Nasser said...

AMAZING journal page!
The workshop sounds awesome!

So glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
I am your newest blog follower. :)
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

Best,
Mary C. Nasser
http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html