PERFECTLY IMPERFECT-I may not be the best at what I do, but Nobody has MORE fun trying than I do! :)



Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Still Here


I'm still here figuring out all the bells and whistles. You won't believe it, but I just wrote a post and added a pic, then forgot to save it and lost it so I'm trying again. I figured out today how to add favorite links. I only had three handy at the time, but there will be many more. I also figured out how to add an image to my header, but when I uploaded a pic of orange daylillies they were huge, so I took them off. Will have to re-figure that one. :)


In the meantime, I'm going to try to share a pic of a small piece of artwork that I created for the last contest in the MojoArtGroup that I belong to. (What do you know? I did it!)
There's always a themed contest going. Members upload pix of their art in any media into a designated folder, then about once a month we vote on a favorite. The winner is featured on the homepage until the next one is chosen. The last one, which is being voted on now, was Feathered Friends. The next one is turning something headed for the recycle/trash bin into art. Should be fun and interesting. They're a very fun, talented, and creative bunch. Whether we win or not it's fun, it keeps our creative juices flowing, and it's a way to share our art and learn from each other.


Anyway above is my Feathered Friend, titled "Oriental Bluebird?", made out of torn mulberry paper, watercolor, and stamps on watercolor paper. I don't claim to be at the level that most of the artists on the web are on, but I sure do have fun trying. :) Now I must quit playing on here and go cook breakfast, iron, splice some curtains (not wide enough for the window), etc. Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed! It's nice having an aunt who can do such cool stuff. Luv ya!

Nona said...

Wow! I LOVE your birdie! He's exquisite!
I've belonged to online artists groups for years, and this is as good as anything I've seen, and better than a lot!
Which is to say, Modesty is becoming, but don't sell yourself short!